Sunday 9 March 2014

Dream come true? Maybe!

As Salman Khan would say on Bigg Boss, Hello, Asalam-o-Alaikum, Namaskar, Sat Sri Akaal, Kemcho…
Chintan, to begin with, it was a massive surprise when you and I got paired with each other for the Pakistan-India Building Peace Project. Thanks a tonne for letting me know about it and convincing me to apply when I was being a little lazy.
 Just the fact that we both knew each other before the project came along and eventually getting selected and also being paired with each other couldn’t have been more pleasant a surprise. And you know what the best part for me is? I finally FINALLY may get to visit India (fingers crossed) at the end of this project at the Peace Summit these good guys at The Red Elephant have planned for us. I mean can you believe it? My childhood dream -- that’s what I keep telling everyone it is -- may actually come true. This reminds me of that dialogue from Om Shanti Om, “Kehte hain agar kisi cheez ko dil se chaaho to puri kainaat usse tumse milane ki koshish mein lag jaati hai.” So that’s what I’m most excited about. We’ll meet up and I’m sure we’ll bring the house down. Nobody would have seen more madness than we’ll show them. Heehaww!!


But you know Chintu even if this wonderful opportunity hadn’t come along I know we would have been communicating anyway. Yes the biggest advantage of this yearlong virtual Building Peace Project chit chat would be that we’ll be able to get to know each other in so many ways that we may not have otherwise through our usual Facebook chats. Because what we’re usually doing is what, pagalpan! But we may have to restrict that pagalpan at least for these blogs as they’ll be public :)
I’m glad over the next one year I’ll be able find out about your past, your present and what you have planned for your future; your family, friends, your city, where all you have travelled within India and outside, your education (I know you’re great with words), your hobbies and so much more. And yes, I for one would like to talk about relations between our countries and what people around us feel about it.
From some of our previous chats I’m so glad to find out that some of our thoughts are so similar: we’re both pagal (as you say), we both feel the need to be alone at times, we can both be eccentric and enthusiastic yet serious and focused on our work and so on…. But dude, you’re quite deep and spiritual in your thoughts and emotions and feelings, and I’m definitely not. And you read books, which I don’t. But chalo, there has to be difference also na, otherwise where’s the fun? Hehehe…
Acha I’m not as efficient as you are with words so it’s getting a little difficult to stretch this. By the way, before I got on to writing this, I was watching my current favourite Indian TV shows Koffee with Karan and Comedy Nights with Kapil (you know very well that Hindi movies and music are among my deepest passions). Karan had Shradha Kapoor and Aditya Roy Kapoor on his show this week, and man, both of them sing really well. Yeah, they sang on the show. 


And finally, if I ever get a chance to visit India, Inshallah, the five cities (because we get a visa for five only) I would want to visit are Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur, Lucknow and Agra or Goa.


Ok then, until your next blog, Khuda Hafiz!

3 comments:

  1. Sherry, this is beautiful! I too believe that if we really truly want something, the universe will conspire to make it happen. I'm glad we're sharing this space, and have been offered the opportunity to learn together. I'll write my next post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUST. BRILLIANT. Thanks, you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kirthi, for being the brain and the heart behind this project :)

    ReplyDelete